winterlake

Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I have discovered (rediscovered)

It's lovely to be able to take / pick up Ellie from school . To listen while she tells me about her day or what she'll be doing . When I was working I'd see her for 10 minutes in the morning while I did her hair (always traumatic !!!) and in the evening for about an hour before she went to bed to read before lights out .
To sit and catch the last of the decent weather with the porch door open either reading , sewing or on the computer with Jazzy by my feet.
To have lunch with my DH at a country pub before picking Ellie up in the afternoon.
To eat when I'm ready instead of when it's time.
To have a lie in when I want.
To have time to do things that I put aside as weekend jobs then found out the weekend went t quickly or was used as recovery time after a 'bad week'
I'm now 'over the other side' of my upsetting past and more relaxed , I've lost some weight and have started a course which I hope will get me back into work
Just had a call - might have some admin work for six weeks starting Monday

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, Jan. This is a lovely post too - you sound so different. Leaving a dreadful job situation can be life changing in some ways, and you are reaping the benefits now, enjoying life. Even if it is only for a little while before you start a new job, make the most of it!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

This all sounds very happy! The best of luck with your future, Jan. It's always good to have time for the important things in life.