winterlake

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Wow is it really that long ?

I've not written for a couple of years .
I've been working in my job now since July 2006. Had a few health setbacks , Uveitis has meant I'm on steroids and immunosuppressants with the subsequent side effects.
It hasn't stopped my needlework but has slowed me down somewhat.
Dave is still umpiring hockey and Jamie is still working in the Officers Mess. Ellie started dance class after school last Wednesday and seems to be enjoying it.
We went to the Wessex Stitchers needlework guild exhibition in Salisbury last week . It gave me some good ideas - there were a couple of really good stumpwork pieces which is what I want to try to get into . I also picked up a couple of pieces of fabric for quilting / ornament backs.
Ideally I'd love a dedicated sewing room but it's not going to happen in the near future unless we win on the lottery !!!!
Will load latest needlework pictures later.
Stitching a mailart and an ornament at the moment also have a couple of stitchalong pieces on the go but need to be in the mood and have been a bit too 'strungup' and tired lately to settle.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Jan,
I look forward to reading your blog..
Julia