winterlake

Friday, January 09, 2009

Cold , cold, cold !!!

I am absolutely freezing - weather pixie says it's -7 C at the moment - I believe her.
It turned out to be a very busy week at work with a new project started.
We've had some snow this week - not much as it's too cold and we've had heavy frosts.
Yesterday was 'the hospital visit' . I had to go to Bristol and it takes up most of the day. There was both good news and bad news. The good news is that my eyes are good and 'quiet' at the moment so I can again drop my steroids in a month's time. The bad news is that my BP was very high and my bloods aren't good - I'm not clotting properly , it took ages for me to stop bleeding when they took my samples. So I've been told to be aware of the problem and be careful of cuts and bruises - it probably explains the increase in nose bleeds as well.
I fell as leep on the train coming home and went to bed for a nap as well - hospital visits always leave me feeling bushed.
It's Ellie's birthday on Sunday - I'll write more after the event just in case she sees this !!
Dave's been ill all week with flu so I don't hold out much hope of avoiding it - we can but hope !!!!
Hope to get loads of sewing done this weekend if possible - we'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are doing better. I just happened across your blog. I also do alot of cross stitching. Nice reading your blog

Tim Atkinson said...

Happy birthday to Ellie!

Jan said...

Hi Bren nice to 'see' you enjoyed your blog too
Thanks Dottie - looks like Charlie enjoyed his birthday too - Can't believe it's been nine years since I first met the tiny little scrap that was Ellie.